broken part :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakeri

Baseband Member
the little latch that holds things into place is broken on one of my pci express slots. I have my videocard in the second one for now, but should I send this mobo back and get a new one, or just let it go. I'm not going to use that slot for anything else I guess anyway, and when I do go sli I will probably just buy a new mobo anyway.. ?

The problem with sending things back is that you have to go without your computer until they replace the part. Since your not planningon using that PCI-E slot, it really doesn't make much sense to send it back to have it fixed. Why go without the computer for a problem that you can just overlook for the time being?

Yeah, and I'm impatient and can't live long without my pc. By the time I decide to go Sli, I'm probably going to buy a new mobo anyway, mine isn't the best in the world (Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4). I may not go Sli though, I think maybe I'll go with a 7950 GX2. I think it does better than 2x 7900GS's would anyway.

If you are going to buy a new M/B in the near future then it wont do much good to get your current board replaced. If you plan on using it in a second computer once you get your new board then if its still under warrenty go ahead and send it for replacement once you get your new board :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom