broken part :( - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 85
Send a message via Yahoo to Sakeri
Default broken part :(

the little latch that holds things into place is broken on one of my pci express slots. I have my videocard in the second one for now, but should I send this mobo back and get a new one, or just let it go. I'm not going to use that slot for anything else I guess anyway, and when I do go sli I will probably just buy a new mobo anyway.. ?

Sakeri is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15
Send a message via AIM to Gary335 Send a message via Yahoo to Gary335
Default broken part :(

The problem with sending things back is that you have to go without your computer until they replace the part. Since your not planningon using that PCI-E slot, it really doesn't make much sense to send it back to have it fixed. Why go without the computer for a problem that you can just overlook for the time being?

Gary335 is offline  
Old 09-22-2006, 06:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Nitestick's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: смерти для спаме
Posts: 8,473

yeah i really don't a reason to send it back either, aside from it would probably have a considerable impact on the boards resale value. the card should stay in anyway.
Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Nitestick is offline  
Old 09-22-2006, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 85
Send a message via Yahoo to Sakeri

Yeah, and I'm impatient and can't live long without my pc. By the time I decide to go Sli, I'm probably going to buy a new mobo anyway, mine isn't the best in the world (Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4). I may not go Sli though, I think maybe I'll go with a 7950 GX2. I think it does better than 2x 7900GS's would anyway.
Sakeri is offline  
Old 09-22-2006, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 63

If you are going to buy a new M/B in the near future then it wont do much good to get your current board replaced. If you plan on using it in a second computer once you get your new board then if its still under warrenty go ahead and send it for replacement once you get your new board
SPEEEED UP Windows XP using the secret tweaks in these videos.
toniaxp is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.