Which brand X1900XT / XTX ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got me an OEM sapphire x1900xt and its great, but i was told theyre all the same.

^^ Yes they do, but they are really the same cards. the only thing that differs is the manufacturer service, customer service, availability, price.

Go with sapphire, cant go wrong

Okay, I'll definitely go for the Sapphire 1900 XT (since I'll probably end up using Crossfire, which is better than a single XTX, right)?

Does anyone know what a good OC speed for the 1900XT (I presume it's a bit higher than the XTX's speed) is? Or should I just experiment until I come up with a good speed that's not too hot (I don't know much about overclocking but I hear that it's not too hard with these cards; as simple as dragging a slider in the config, correct?)?

Yes, get the XT for Crossfire...As for overclocking, I use ATI Tray Tools which will actually find the highest overclock for you. You basically increase the MHz until it shows artifacts (it will tell you). One you reach that highest possile speed, decrease it to 10 MHz below that and you should be safe. Other people use Rivatuner which I hear is good too and probably works about the same. Download them from www.guru3d.com

Your speeds should reach or even go over the XTX speeds. I've read that even if you don't increase it all that much, it's still going to increase performance alot. Something about the difference in MHz being much bigger than previous cards. Probably something to do with the new architecture.

Let us know what kind of speeds you get. Oh yeah, as for how hot should you let it go...Most people don't like their cards running hotter than 70. I keep mine overclocked and maxed out and it doesn't reach higher than 65 with the HIS cooler. Search the forum for more info. on that. I think there's a sticky somewhere about all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom