Which brand RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you won't be overclocking, the cheapest set would do fine. Actually, any good brand set of RAM, will do, when not overclocking.

I say G.SKILL HZ's because I have them and I couldn't be happier. Best RAM ever in my opinion. The Patriot is probably second best on that list, then OCZ, then Corsair. Others may say different though. My HZ's overclock like a beast so thats why I love them. Super fast.

EDIT: OOPS, didn't see that you aren't overclocking, so listen to b1gapl

Are the OCZ's platinum worth it? I read some reviews the Gold's heatspreaders hardly do their job.
I've got corsair right now in my system and it works fine so I'm inclined to buy those. But I also want to make an investment that lasts and you tend to get what you pay for these days.

i`m having the same sort of problem deciding which ram to get but i agree with no oc`ing you will get about the same quality no matter which brand you buy, so price will be a major factor in your decision. hope this helps a little.

Ye, the HZs set are the best for Overclocking. The timing rocks. The BIOS sets it at 5-5-5-15 @ 800MHz as default so it doesnt stress the RAM that much but can be clocked to 4-4-4-12 which is its stock speed. I can clock mine at 3-3-4-10 running at 800MHz but would rather keep it at 4-4-4-12. Havent tried 3-3-3-9 yet with voltage higher than 2.1 Dont want to burn this ram so not gonna test it with a higher voltage just to get a better clock. It wont boot at 3-3-3-9 800MHz, I get a memory dumb blue screen error. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom