Brand New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjgoku24

Baseband Member
Hello again everyone,

I am selling my current computer and building a new one.

I was looking around and I think the CPU I want is the Q6600 GO.
I have been looking around and I am not sure about what motherboard to pick and of course I cannot pick much of anything else with out picking that.
I do know that I want an Nvidia 8800 ultra or GTX. So a board supporting SLI would be nice. I have looked somewhat at the ASUS Striker Extreme motherboard, but I do not know because intel has there new chipset out that supports DDR3.

I need to know some good motherboards to look at, also I have until next month so if there are some new boards due out then I could look at them as well. So if you know of any Please let me know.

Thanks everyone !!

don't get ddr3 yet... by the time it becomes mainstream.. u'll be getting a new system

q6600
asus p5k deluxe
geil black dragon RAM 2GB KIT
Antec 900
any DVD-RW drive
750gb Western Digtal Drive
8800ultra
corsair 620 or pc power and cooling silencer 610

um what am i missing?

btw get that q6600 from CLUBIT, but rumors are they are out of stock.. because they are guaranteed G0, get a 680i SLi if you want SLi or a Striker Extreme but people will be recommend you don't

don't get ddr3 yet... by the time it becomes mainstream.. u'll be getting a new system

q6600
asus p5k deluxe
geil black dragon RAM 2GB KIT
Antec 900
any DVD-RW drive
750gb Western Digtal Drive
8800ultra
corsair 620 or pc power and cooling silencer 610

um what am i missing?
Thats gonna be my exact build in one month except for the geil i got crucial ballistix which I bought already

Is there any difference in the geil and ballistix?

Hello!

Righty, for SLI, you might want the NF680i chipset, the Striker Extreme being one example. The consensus is that the Striker has some great features, but on some builds has been known to be a pain. The eVGA NF680 is another good choice.
Bear in mind that SLI only gives a limited increase (perhaps 40%) for a large price.
If you aren't so bothered, then the P35 chipset comes highly recommended (and cheaper), good options being the Asus P5K deluxe Wifi-AP or the Gigabyte P35-DS3R.

If you want DDR3, the equiivalent versions are the P5K3 and the P35C-DS3R, the latter supports both DDR2 and DDR3. Nonetheless, I wouldn't bother just yet: its very expensive, not really any better than DDR2 and will be a long while before it takes over. I would just ignore its existence.

Thats gonna be my exact build in one month except for the geil i got crucial ballistix which I bought already

Is there any difference in the geil and ballistix?

nope... just that theres no rebate on crucial's anymore.. so these are good for 70$ , theyare the exact same...

Okay I have decided that SLI is not a need and I have decided that DDR3 is most def. Too expensive.
So... the best board could possibly be the ASUS P5K Deluxe, or is there another great overclocking board out there?

See my sig :) So far ive been stable up to 3.6ghz. Not orthos stable, but stable enough to play every game that im running, not to mention running at 1920x1200 with all settings at high. The ultra is somewhat overkill when you can just overclock a gtx to the same level and save 100 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom