BRAND NEW BUILD! nothing on moniter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try and reset the CMOS? (S0UL stated how)

How do i do this? the battery is hard to get to with my video card in, but i can do it if necessary. what are jumper pins?

and no the mobo light doesnt come on.. at least not anymore. im not sure if it did when i had the pc running

In your motherboard's manual it should descriptively tell/illustrate better than I can. See if you can find that.

Found the instructions and tried it.. still the same result. What could be the problem?? It was working perfectly fine 20 minutes ago.

found what instructions and tried what? Did you do what I suggested yet?
If you don't know where the pins are for the cmos, just whip out your graphics card and pull the battery out for at least 10 seconds.

So your motherboard light isn't coming on at all. You have all the power connectors connected. If you can try a different power supply.

@ S0UL he found the instructions in the mobo manual to reset CMOS and he tried that.

found what instructions and tried what? Did you do what I suggested yet?
If you don't know where the pins are for the cmos, just whip out your graphics card and pull the battery out for at least 10 seconds.

Yes that's what I was talking about - resetting the CMOS. Didn't seem to work.

Ok here's exactly what happened: the computer was lying down when i booted it up. The monitor was displaying some type of Gigabyte interface (my mobo manufacturer). I stood the tower upright, and in the process the PC shutdown. I realized that the PSU cord came unplugged, so I plugged it back in, and here's where i am now. I don't think anything could have come disconnected/loose in the process of standing the tower up (aside from the PSU).

Just to verify what's happening now, you press the power button then what. Any beeps? Do the fans come on? do they stay on? Does the hard drive sound like it's spinning up?

I'm just trying to get a complete picture of where you're at now, sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself :)

Just to verify what's happening now, you press the power button then what. Any beeps? Do the fans come on? do they stay on? Does the hard drive sound like it's spinning up?

I'm just trying to get a complete picture of where you're at now, sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself :)

No that's ok. when i booted it up and it worked, i heared a typical click when i started it (i'm not sure exactly what makes the click sound, but its definitely a signal that its trying to start up), and all the fans went on, and stayed on. Like i said, i tilted the tower upright, and in the process, i must have put some tug on the power cord, because the PC turned off, and i noticed the cord in the back of the tower was unplugged from the PSU.

After a couple of curse words, i plugged back in the cord into the PSU, and attempted to turn it on again, and this is where i am now: i flip on the PSU SWITCH, then flip on the case power switch, and i hear the click, the fans start for a plit second, then stop. any more attempts on the case pwoer switch have NO effect. However, if I unplug the PSU, plug it back in, flip the PSU power on, and then flip the case power switch, i get the click/fan start and stop.

Sounds like you've got a short happening. Check that all power cables aren't anywhere they shouldn't and that the power connections inside your case are firm. Check on and behind your motherboard too for loose screws etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom