Brand Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

cylon

Baseband Member
I've decided to upgrade my 8800 Gts ssc to a GTX 260. I'd probably just go with my usual choice of evga but i've seen some other brands like MSI have their cards priced at about $100 less than the evga. What do these different brands have to offer? And which brand do you think is the better buy? From my point of view the only difference i can see is clock speeds, are there any other substantial differences between the brands?

well some companies do stepup like evga (it's normally why they have higher prices...cause stepping up does cost them money, so they have to make it back somewhere) but if you don't plan on stepping up the MSI card would be a great buy

Some brands use different coolers. But mostly, just look for a well rated card. Don't buy the "OC SSC DEATHLY OVERCLOCKED" version that costs so much more. It isn't worth it because you can overclock them yourselves for free. MSI, XFX, PNY, BFG, Palit, and ECS are all brands I have used and seem to deliver quality graphics cards as an alternative to EVGA. The only upside with EVGA or BFG is they have the "step-up" program.

And MSI is good with their rebates, too! I had a card purchased from them, I sent in the rebate and got the check within 2 weeks! Even though it said "allow 4-8 weeks for processing."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom