Boy I Hope I Won't Need This Money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Logitech S-200 speakers and they do the 2.1 quite nicely. They're not great, but they're good enough... and cheap!

About the RAM... guys, where do you get the idea that Corsair XMS2 RAM is crap??? As for the G.Skill RAM, it's cheap and good, and that's about it. It doesn't "destroy" the Corsair RAM. Any articles to support your claims?

Corsair XMS2 is not very good overclocking ram at all. You would be lucky to hit DDR2-900 and anything higher than that is just amazing.

XMS2 is around $170 for the cheapest which will hit like I said 850mhz if your lucky while G.Skill HK's for the same price are highly binned PROMOS chips and just about every one will hit 600mhz DDR2-1200.

Not to mention the 4-4-4-12 timings XMS2 are 200 and are completley OWNED by G.Skill HK"s for 190 bucks.

I mean it's good memory but it is not that good in terms of Price/Performance which is why I NEVER recommend it ever....it's went down a lot trying to compete with G.Skill's price/performance but it still isn't anything I would ever recommend.

Corsair XMS2 is not very good overclocking ram at all. You would be lucky to hit DDR2-900 and anything higher than that is just amazing.

I can post a screenshot showing my DDR2-800 XMS2 modules hitting 900Mhz. It reached that speed with no problems whatsoever. I haven't tried pushing them further, but I'll do it if you want.

A Lot of XMS2 will hit DDR2-900 but my point is...i can post you a picture of my $144 G.Skill set hitting 1130mhz..once again I'm not saying Corsair XMS2 is BAD memory as they do have the best tech support out of any company just about...g.skill is very close as well but the majority of their memory is very trusted and runs well.

I'm jsut saying if you looking for the best Price/Performance to overclock stuff XMS2 is not what you want...G.Skill and a few other modules are.

Heres a screenshot I took a while back of my 2 stcks in Dual channel. My first stick hit a max of 589mhz once actually while wince I added this second chip it was limited to 565...but I'm not complaining in the least. Here it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom