Bought the Western Digital Raptor X 150GB 10,000RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Finally, my package should arrive tomorrow :D

I bought the WD Raptor X 150GB 10,000RPM at CompUSA for $150.00 $173 something after tax. Im planning in using it as a primary drive where all my games, programs and of course the OS are going to be installed and use the Seagate 320GB as my file drives and partition it into four parts.

The question is was the Raptor a great deal? Hehe, I think it is and should I partition that too or just leave it at 150GB?

Ive read reviews between the Raptor and Seagate 7200.9 and 7200.1 drives and it seems like Seagate's drive is "almost" as good as the raptor. Good thing I got the 320GB Seagate 7200.1 Drive :D

But I looked at different drives at CompUSA such as 150GB and they cost as much as the Raptor and only 7200RPM.

So that kinda made me feel better since the Raptor X is fast according to the reviews ive read.

I cant wait to put this computer together, lots of manual reading and Ima post the pics of the packages unopened when they arrive and opened pics and then the final computer pics :D

oh, good job getting that raptor, ur lucky, because CompUSA is going down under, HDD's always sell out fast. My friend wants to get a raptor, but i cant really convince him to get a seagate.

only thing i can think of the raptor improving for games is faster loading.

I would say that's a good deal. I would just leave the raptor as one partition, it should be just fine like that. Also, I would only make 2 or 3 partitions out of the seagate if you're going to have several gig files on your computer, because if you're trying to keep things organized and run out of space on my partition, it can be a pain in the ***.

I would say that's a good deal. I would just leave the raptor as one partition, it should be just fine like that. Also, I would only make 2 or 3 partitions out of the seagate if you're going to have several gig files on your computer, because if you're trying to keep things organized and run out of space on my partition, it can be a pain in the ***.

Do I even need to partition the drive at all or can I just leave it the way it is and then just create folders instead? Like instead of making a P: drive for photos/pictures just create a folder called "Pictures or Photos" and do the same for M: drive for music and V: drive for videos?

I dont even think partitioning is necessary but a lot of people recommend in doing it and I got worried if that partition ran out of space then it will become disorganized because I'd have to put some of them to a different partition.

You're right pinoy. Partitioning, is not necessary. Just that some people, like to use them, to keep stuff organized. Like for me. I like to keep my, personal things, games, and whatever in one partition. And just Windows and apps in the main partition.

I keep mine in folders with drive icons and then add each folder as a link on my keyboard so

1&2 = games (Rome total war and CS 1.6)
3-6 = folders (videos, music, work)
7 = my server direct link :D

nice deal :), my pal has 10 hard drives one for games, music, videos, GBA ROM's etc etc.... bunch of seagate barracudas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom