bottlenecking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerotolerance

Baseband Member
I am considering buying a 7950gx2 512mb pci-e gfx card. I was wondering if i would need to update my cpu (amd athlon 3800) so i dont get any bottlenecking..other specs=2gb ram and will be upgrading mobo

I agree with Nos, once DX10 comes out those cards will be near useless, so why waste your money and get them?

i agree with Nos too, however i don't agree that the cards will be useless. that is just nonsense. especially considering that the release of DX10 doesn't mean jack. it's when games start supporting DX10 that it even matters in the slightest. even then DX9 cards will still be good and useful, at least as long as games still support them and from past examples i would say DX9 have a good 2-3 years of life at least when games start using DX10.

don't get the GX2 unless you have say a deal lined up with a friend or second hand. at retail (or e-tail :p) prices the GX2 is more expensive or at least not worth it in comparison to the more powerful 8800GTS.

As much as i like the 7950GX2 (how could i not when the model under it kicks ***?) i agree with what nitestick said, unless you have a deal lined up with a mate or 2nd hand for cheap then id get the 8800GTS then at least you will be more future proof, someone said it would be faster aswell, but i dont think the 320MB version would be much faster than a GX2 to be honest.

NosBoost300 said:
uhh... why don't get you get an 8800gts??

I am not happy with my ati x700 pro, i have a nvidia chipset mobo and i am not running any games that support dx10, but the main reason im not getting a 8800 is that it doesnt fit in my case. Hopefully nvidia will soon come out with a more compact card to fit in many more cases. (IF your wondering i have a Thermaltake Tsunami).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom