Boot Problems!Windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karpfish24

In Runtime
ok so my compurter ran fine for 2 days then i wasnt using it since sunday and now i come to use ti now and get this message after POST.:Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:\Windows]system32\config\system

you can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows setup using the original setup cd-rom.Select "r" at the first screen to start repair.

so i enter my original xp cd and on the first boot screen i press r and continbue through the 2nd screen. nothing happens, same message. then i go into BIOS and chance boot priority to cd drive so i can try and re-install windows, same message. please help me!

dude try warezmonster .. find him he is the man for OSes .. i cant help i dont know whats wrong :D

yes i just tried to boot from cd again in POST it says press anykey to boot from cd i press a key and i get the message. cleqar cmos i guess

i got that same thing once it ****ed me off majorly i had to reinstall my whole os it really sucked balls

Pushing R on that screen doesn't work. You must enter into the Windows installation, then choose to repair it. I believe it goes to the menu where it shows the partitions. Select the partition your OS is on and choose to repair it from there. I think that's the way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom