Bluray and/or HDDVD drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Like I said in an earlier post... at CES Sony announced a Bllu Ray PC drive (read only) that would retail for 200 bucks. It's releasing Q1 '08. By Christmas time I bet Blu Ray players are gonna be a hot gift item. Only time will tell!

lol graham.. that video was originally about Hitler getting his 360 scanned and bricked. They just covered up the original subtitles and changed it up.

Still funny as heck.

I just hate the fact that Blu-ray is 100% Sony. Thats the only way they are alive in this market - by making proprietary formats. Everything they sell is overpriced. They arent fair in the free market, and their methods are questionable...

But then again HD-DVD is microsoft...choose your poison.

look at this one review of the samsung in question:
---
Like most HD players, it is slower than the cheapest DVD player, but that is okay, we have come to expect it and that no longer bothers us.

The problem with this player is that it does not output Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA in any way, shape or form. The closest it comes is transcoding the audio to plain old Dolby Digital or a somewhat better DTS. Wow, classic DVD audio performance at a Blu-ray price. The real problem comes from some studios moving away from PCM lossless audio to TrueHD and DTS-HD MA. These include Sony Pictures whose latest release announcements have TrueHD only and FOX who is releasing only in DTS-HD MA, which very few players can play properly at all.

:D

look at this one review of the samsung in question:
---
Like most HD players, it is slower than the cheapest DVD player, but that is okay, we have come to expect it and that no longer bothers us.

The problem with this player is that it does not output Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA in any way, shape or form. The closest it comes is transcoding the audio to plain old Dolby Digital or a somewhat better DTS. Wow, classic DVD audio performance at a Blu-ray price. The real problem comes from some studios moving away from PCM lossless audio to TrueHD and DTS-HD MA. These include Sony Pictures whose latest release announcements have TrueHD only and FOX who is releasing only in DTS-HD MA, which very few players can play properly at all.

:D

And that magical $150 HD-DuD player plays DD+,True HD, and DTS-HDMA?

I could be wrong but most players still don't have DD+,True HD, and DTS-HDMA playback available right? I mean for me, I'm thinking Blu Ray player by the end of the year but the lack of the sound playback might hold me back, espeially since I need a new receiver and TV as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom