Bluray and/or HDDVD drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
CD's are still in use, so yeah, DVD's are far from being killed off.

So far there is only one use for blue rays. high def movies, that operate at 1080p. The only reason the PS3 uses blue ray is because sony owns the right to the patent, so duh they are gonna try to promote it. Microsoft doesnt even want to use the new formats for their console, so i wouldnt worry about blue rays becoming mainstream for a loooooong time.

M$+Toshiba is major backer Of HDDuD.

Hm. let me see MGS4,Killzone2,FFXIII are pushing 50GB Blu-ray discs(forgot those 2 are movies)

Lair,HS,R:Fom,FFXIII, severlal others push 25GB discs. not to mention GTAIV was limited due to size, which is why Rockstar is developing new ip foor ps3 to fulfill their dev dreams.

I know this is not exactly on topic, but I'm ****ed Batman Begins is not on Blu-ray.... stupid HDDVD

I know this is not exactly on topic, but I'm ****ed Batman Begins is not on Blu-ray.... stupid HDDVD

Don't worry WB have already said they are working on Mastering The Matrix Trilogy for Blu, so expect a Batman Begins Remaster encoded AVC with 5.1 LPCM,I'd rather wait for a copy with LPCM than have that HDDuD garbage encode.

I said it before and i'll say it again, neither hd format is going to do squat until the prices come down. I am a huge DVDphile and i refuse to go with either format because i'm not going to pay double the price for the disk when i can get the same movie on DVD and play it upconverted. HD disks account for what, 5% of total sales of movies?

Exactly which brings me to another question, PS3 being the cheapest blu-ray player still?

What is sort of an advantage for high-end pc users though, you can just buy the HD-DVD drive for the 360 and hook it up to your pc.

Even at that though, I'm still and i have always backed bluray.

Exactly which brings me to another question, PS3 being the cheapest blu-ray player still?

What is sort of an advantage for high-end pc users though, you can just buy the HD-DVD drive for the 360 and hook it up to your pc.

Even at that though, I'm still and i have always backed bluray.

you fail to mention that the HD-DVD Addon is the worst HDDuD player, even worse than the HD-A3.

BTW new players were announced at CES, some as low as $300

PS3 is not the cheapest Blu-Ray played around. I was at Sam's Club (and yes I know not everyone's a member) and I saw a Sony one on sale for 277. Not to mention the Blu-Ray drive unveiled at CES coming in a month or two that will be at 200 bucks. Prices are coming down because Blu-Ray is winning. In my opinion HD-DvD is in it's final years. I also believe that Sony is probably going with a Plan B since they were hoping PS3 was going to help usher in Blu-Ray and it did not, now they're starting to go after the contracts more and lower there prices on other player devices. It's fascinating to watch on the sidelines and speculate like this though.

as i stated before

Blu-ray Player prices start high so all the CE's can make Hardware and as time passes operating costs are lowered, with all the competition from B;u-ray manufacturers it is driving the players down in price really fast, which is a good thing since we get variet and good price

HDDuD on the other hand, Toshiba employed a M$ strategy and flooded the market with extremely cheap players out the gate, taking a huge loss at the same time, no other CE's want to produce players and sell at a loss, be it they cant afford it or not good for the shareholders. so Toshiba Monopolizes market no other manufacturers make players all your limited to is a Toshiba HDDuD player, prices can't stay the same(they dont have a bottomless money pit,M$ does but their abscence at E3 makes it likely for th players to go up, That is if HDDuD ever bounces back, which it wont)

Blu-ray player prices go down
HDDuD prices go up

Anything can happen, but just by analyzing the market, you can assume blue ray's got it in the bag. I just wouldn't go out and spend 500$ for a blu ray drive lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom