Blue Ray Technology for PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deceiding when it is available for PC is a bit pre-mature at thsi point... FIRST, the format race must be won by HD-DVD or Blue Ray. I don't know about you guys, but there is NO WAY I am going to shell out $1500+ for a [whichever] burner for a PC and a player to hook up to the TV until the format is deceided.

I haven't been following close with the details of the 2, but I know that the PS3 will [supposed to] support Blue Ray, and that production companies (movie production company's) are half and half between the 2 formats.

It's like the VHS - Betamax format war 20 years ago...

The PS3 will be able to play them, the reason the PS3 will cost $600 (for the good one with good HD support) is partially because of Blueray. (The other part being the cell processor)

It's sony trying to push their own format onto the market. But honestly people aren't going to abandon DVD for years IMO. It's got stability now and I don't think we're going to pay more money for the same movies.

I dont care too much about movies, more of a backing up thing If i want to back up files on my comp it can take 20+ DVD`s. Thats why holographic and blue ray appeal to me more they can handle more storage space.

I've had to be following this for more than 3 years now and it is superior to HD-DVD. Blu-Ray is the technology we want. But ignorant people will push along the HD-DVD which is inferior. It's Betamax vs VHD all over.

Yes Blu-Ray is expensive but prices go down in time just like when cds and dvds where released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom