Blank Screen on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckmoney

Beta member
Well today I got my parts which included 6 120mm fans 1 80mm fan a fan controller and another 8800gt so I can SLI with the other one I currently have already installed.

Today I started to put the card in. First I went to device manager and uninstall the display adapter and it continued on to uninstall the current evga drivers I had. After that I power down and took apart my computer to get ready to install the video card. I took the Selector card out of my Asus mobo and inverted it like it says so the it says Double on the other side
asusnews1.jpg

I then plugged the other PCI-e connector into my new video card and seated it in place, and then put the SLI bridge on the two cards on. I was all done so I powered up my computer and it doesn't even recognize my LCD screen or something because it just stays blank and the power button on the LCD blinks. I tryed a different monitor and got the same results. I coninued on to try all kinds of different things like switching back to a single card, still no luck...I tryed both of the video cards also and still no luck. I dont understand, everything works fine on boot up. The HDD's work the fans work the video cards fans spin. I have no idea :confused:

I did notice though that before when I booted up the video cards fan would spin at 100% for 3 seconds then go to 25%. When I boot up now the video card boots at 100% fan speed and stays at 100%

My specs are

Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
e6850 C2D @ stock 3ghz
2 gigs of mushkin extreme ram
2 gigs of OCZ Nvidia SLI edition ram
2x EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
Asus P5N-E
Creative X-fi xtremegamer soundcard
Western Digital 250 gb 7500 rpm
Western Digital 75 gb 10000 rpm

Try putting your taking your ram off and putting it back in properly i had the exact same problem today but took off the rams and put it back on and bamm screen booted up when you turn on your comp is like everything working your just not receiving a signal to the monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom