Bit of a pickle with the ATI X1900XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam02

In Runtime
I currently own the worlds fastest GPU, the X1900XT. (well XTX is but so?)

And i read on review sits like AnandTech that this is for High resolution monitors.

and im planning to get a Samsung 930BF 19" 4ms LCD.

is that a poor planned purchase? or should i really get a bigger LCD?

I have the X1900XT also (yes, its pretty **** close to the best card in the world, 25MHz less than the X1900XT, easy overclock) and it definately helps with high resolutions, but on 1280x1024, it runs the most demanding games at very nice framerates. Where a 7800GT could get 25FPS-ish on FEAR with everything maxed out, I get 60FPS.

cool thanks, that helped. so how u like the viewsonic?

the VX922 2ms one. is that worth it.

i say the lower the better, if you can afford it. and right now its for high resoltuion but in the future when games are even more demanding than they are now the x1900 can still take it

Its an awesome monitor. Its just big enough for me, I don't know what people do with huge monitors. Anyways, the 2ms makes the whole difference. You've gotta realize, its twice as fast as the 4ms one, which is twice as fast as the 8ms one, so ghosting is reduced 4x. Actually, ghosting doesn't happen at all. I had a 8ms LCD before, and even though its not supposed to have ghosting, I often got blurirng. Textures wouldn't look as good and such. Non-existent with this one.

I don't know if its worth it for most people. $400 for a 19' LCD is kind of cheap, the 4ms one should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom