Birthday gift for awesome son

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ASUS board is very, VERY good
I agree with you that the current Asus board is actually quite impressive...however their tech support is still god awful which is an absolute asset IMO...the DFI community is much more experienced and much more extensive and opensourced than the Asus community therefore I'd still side with DFI...plus the lanparty which still serve all your purposes and then some

I wish i can get a job like yours if i ever have a kid i would like to provide VERY special presents like that a every 3 or 4 years. You got a lucky kid.

I also agree in not getting the SLI, the price/performance ratio is not worth it you can get the eVGA 7800GTX 256mb for $500 or the 7800GTX 512mb $749, both are very nice cards.

lazerman, read: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82281

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/search.php?searchid=1159339

Like I told you, you really should have saved your money and settled for the Ultra-D...it's much cheaper and has been tried and tested for well over a year now...ESPECIALLY if you're using an Opteron, they're not supported in any commercial socket 939 board therefore if your board or CPU dies you're up the creek as AMD and DFI will not RMA your processor or board

The Expert is still young, and it seems every board after the original nf4 lanparty boards that DFI released have been flops...namely the nf3-D

yep they and the rx200 have been having massive difficulties.

get either that asus (much as i hate them for my P.O.S) or get the DFI Ultra D

btw i just wanted to say yes u can eat kangaroo and it ROCKS. its leen, has an awsome texture, and has great flavour. its good as a steak or a pie

nah, get a DFI NF4 series board. but not the expert.

the expert was made to have the PCI-E 16X slots further appart, so cooling wouldn't be affected so much in SLI.
but it seems there are problems with the expert.

however there is nothing wrong with the other DFI NF4 series boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom