birthday budget gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
Hello, well instead of just buying me a video game my dad figures hes gonna get me a computer to just surf the net, great, well he has a budget of like 400 dollars so im trying to squeez as much performance out of it as possible, this is what one guy offerd for 400 canadian.

Mother board: Asus A8N5K
CPU: AMD 64 3200+
Ram: 1 GB Dual Channel DDR400 OCZ
GPU: Evga G-force 7300GT 512mb

SO will this run games? Like F.E.A.R, Age of empires 3, battle feild 2, and medival total war 2?

Thansk alot!

(i think it will cause i can run those games on medium on ym comp thats a 3.0ghz intel, 1gb ddr2 ram and 6600le card)

Looks nice except for the GPU. THe 7300 series are bad. Try for the 7600GS or GT.

RalliArt882 said:
You'd still need a power supply, case, hardrive, dvd-burner.

Ya i got all that stuff, i just wanted to put the essentials for gaming power, the guy offerd me a 7600gs for the same price as the 7300gt is it tha much better?

by a fair bit yes, especially if it's the same price. although that depends on how much he's asked for it in the first place...
EDIT: and it should definitely play FEAR. I can play FEAR on a 6800gs (oc'd) on about medium settings

Hes asking 150 canadian for it, dont know how good that is.

Buit after getting this im just gona upgrade it, my mobo supports all the AMD cards except for the new AM2 and ill probably get a new card when the G80 come out so i can start from the top (the mobo does have PCI-E) plus i can always upgrade ram (its pretty reasonable price)

Nukem said:
snag it... but make sure you have at least a 400W psu... but it looks like a decent deal. :)

So u agree that i can do some good with this machine in gaming? Cause i want the "expert" advice on if this baby can be upgraded to perform well say next year when the newer games come out like UT 2007? Like it can take the new graphics cards and put in a new CPU (does amd still make alot of S939 CPUS??)

I just want to make sure, dont want to buy something just CAUSE its a deal you know? Dont want to waste a B-day

hmm... well, if you're gonna upgrade it, and you're gonna upgrade the mobo, then personally, i'd get a core2 mobo, seeing as they're the best out that the moment (core2 that is). but then again the quad cores are coming out soonish, so it'll probably all change then.

and thats a pretty good price for a 7600.

small256 said:
hmm... well, if you're gonna upgrade it, and you're gonna upgrade the mobo, then personally, i'd get a core2 mobo, seeing as they're the best out that the moment. but then again the quad cores are coming out soonish, so it'll probably all change then.

and thats a pretty good price for a 7600.

Well i didnt plan on upgrading the mobo if u look at my above post.... do you think i could take this thing far enough in it current mobo for games next year (with upgraed to the GPU,CPU,Ram)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom