BIOSTAR T-Series Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma62

Solid State Member
First of all, let me explain that this is my first build. I'm fairly new to all of this and very much looking forward to getting started. I'm going to be building a budget system for gaming and whatnot. After reading and comparing motherboards for about 3 days now, I've finally come to the conclusion that I think I'm going to go with a BIOSTAR T-series board. I was just curious if you guys could help me pick one of the three based on performance, quality, and bang for the buck. I'm looking to spend about 500-600 dollars in total. Here's the three boards.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TA770 A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

I've heard sub par things about the 780g chipset and how its now really worth it, and I don't really know anything about 790. Any insight into either BIOSTAR in general or anything really would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also just thought I would include this. I'm planning on getting a NVidia 9800 card, 2X2gigs of gskill 800 ram, and a X2 6000+ CPU at 3.0 GHz. Also I'm going to be running 64 bit vista ultimate.

First of all, let me explain that this is my first build. I'm fairly new to all of this and very much looking forward to getting started. I'm going to be building a budget system for gaming and whatnot. After reading and comparing motherboards for about 3 days now, I've finally come to the conclusion that I think I'm going to go with a BIOSTAR T-series board. I was just curious if you guys could help me pick one of the three based on performance, quality, and bang for the buck. I'm looking to spend about 500-600 dollars in total. Here's the three boards.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TA770 A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

I've heard sub par things about the 780g chipset and how its now really worth it, and I don't really know anything about 790. Any insight into either BIOSTAR in general or anything really would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also just thought I would include this. I'm planning on getting a NVidia 9800 card, 2X2gigs of gskill 800 ram, and a X2 6000+ CPU at 3.0 GHz. Also I'm going to be running 64 bit vista ultimate.

Get the 790x or 790FX with a X2 5400+ BE instead.. also the HD 4850 instead of the 9800GTX+, you don't need 780g because you don't need the IGP

or go Intel with gt7sanremo (which is better)

Great, thanks alot guys. I'd heard that Intel was more high budget and AMD was better for mid range so I kinda threw out Intel too early I guess. Looks like I have alot more research ahead of me. :p Thanks again guys.

edit: Also one more quick question. I've read that Intel is better than AMD for OC'ing. I don't think I'm going to OC because to be honest, i have no idea how to haha. Given that I'm not going to be OC'ing, would you still go with the Intel system over the AMD system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom