Bios voltages and Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
I am using the evga 680i mobo:
I have seen a lot of posts about stock voltages for the Nforce Spp and HTnforce spp-mcp in several forums. I want to know what the max safe voltages are. I am trying to oc my 8800gtx's more and I thought those voltages were related to graphics. So far I am at:

Nforce SPP=1.55
Nforce MCP=1.625
HT nforce SPP-MCP=1.45

I have gotten up to 670/1003, but that seems to be as far as I can get with these voltages, but I wanted to check here first before I keep pushing. I keep seeing people with single GTX setups getting much higher OC's. Any input anyone?

According to the nvidia 680i overclocking guide (http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/45121/nforce_680i_sli_overclocking.pdf) the maximum safe voltages are 1.50v for the SPP and it says "any voltages not mentioned are best left on their auto setting, so I wouldn't have even gone that high.

Why do you need to go that high anyway? a single 8800GTX will beat out any DX9 card easily and If I read correctly you have 2 in SLI. I'd say just keep the voltages down so you can extend the life of that monster investment. If you really want to OC it, sorry, I can't help you. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

Nitestick, I tried out what you said, and lowered both nforce mcp and the spp-mcp. the nforce spp is directly tied to pci-express so I left that at 1.55. My 3dmark06 score dropped from 15,957 to 13,239 so those voltages do effect graphics performance in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom