Bios upgrade question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Bios upgrade question

I have a asus a8r32 mvp delux mb and i need to upgrade the bios to the newest version 0311. I have no idea how. I googled it and all of sites talk about using a floppy disk but i dont have a floppy drive. Is there any way to update it automaticaly from windows withought having to do it manually and all that. or is that not possible. What is a good site i can use that will explain to me what to do and what do i do if i dont have a floppy??

Old 03-30-2006, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

i made it easy for you , i downloaded the latest bios+update tool and read on how to use the update tool , and created a bootable iso along with a batch file & bios & tool,burn it and boot from it (set the optical drive first on the boot order in bios)
after booting from it , type update and press enter (will start bios flashing) and do absolutely nothing until its all done, even if the monitor will go all black for a few moments dont do anything its normal , this is how it should look when its all done

after its done click the reset button and get into the bios and load optimized/performance/setup defaults and get the cd out of the drive, save & exit , thats it

Old 03-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

You need to format a floppy disk as a startup disk. Then you must add the program AFUDOS.EXE and The BIOS - Directions:
Closed Thread