BIOS Temp says 39C at Idle? Too High?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye but it shouldnt run this hot should it? Idle temps are very hot. Maybe my motherboard is reading the temps wrong? My mobo temp is like 38C and my cpu temps are 10~15*C hotter on idle compared to my mobo temps.

When I had the E6600, it used to be that the Core temps were lower than the CPU temps, but now they are like 10~15 degrees hotter than the cpu temp.

I just dont understand it.

oh heck then rely on the solution many rely on...just RMA the whole darn thing

When I first installed my QX6700 (remember its B3) with the STOCK HSF, idle temps were about 52C so I bought a Zalman 9700. With the Zalman, my temps were more around 40C at idle. That wasn't acceptable for me just because I'm me so I invested in a custom watercooling system. Right now my cpu temp, according to Speedfan, is 29C. I personally think that whole G0 stepping stuff didn't really affect temps like people were raving. I'm sure it made some improvement somewhere but I haven't seen anybody with improved temps from what I saw, correct me if I'm wrong. I just think that if you want to overclock a quad with good temps, you need watercooling. I'm not telling you to get watercooling, it just seems like the only way to make it work the way you want it to is to get watercooling.

When I first installed my QX6700 (remember its B3) with the STOCK HSF, idle temps were about 52C so I bought a Zalman 9700. With the Zalman, my temps were more around 40C at idle. That wasn't acceptable for me just because I'm me so I invested in a custom watercooling system. Right now my cpu temp, according to Speedfan, is 29C. I personally think that whole G0 stepping stuff didn't really affect temps like people were raving. I'm sure it made some improvement somewhere but I haven't seen anybody with improved temps from what I saw, correct me if I'm wrong. I just think that if you want to overclock a quad with good temps, you need watercooling. I'm not telling you to get watercooling, it just seems like the only way to make it work the way you want it to is to get watercooling.

Wow good to hear. I know that my temps have gone down to 35C on idle though before I reseated it. And that was at 3.0GHz, now after reseating it, when I checked the BIOS, it was at 60C. I guess on the Zalman Thermal Compound I used, less is more indeed, more temperature and things to worry about that is.

I wish I didnt reseat it :(

Well, grrr, just cant wait to order the Arctic MX-2.

When I first installed my QX6700 (remember its B3) with the STOCK HSF, with stock settings, my temps were 52C idle so I bought a Zalman 9700. My temps with the Zalman were around 42C, but that wasnt good enough for me just because I'm me so I invested in a custom watercooling setup. Right now my temps are 29C, according to Speedfan, at stock. If I bump it up to 3.3GHz, my temps only go up about 3-4C at 1.35 vCore. If you ask me, the whole G0 stepping thing didn't noticeably affect temps like everyone was raving. I haven't seen one person with temps that were considerably lower than what I saw at my various stages of cooling, correct me if I'm wrong. I think that if you want to overclock a quad and get the temps that you want, watercooling is necessary. I'm not trying to tell you to buy watercooling, but it works wonderfully for me and my temps are lower than all others that I have seen, again correct me if you have seen lower temps.

OT* what voltage settings are you using on your 680i board?

im on 3.2 right now, and i only see 35* max at idle. thats with the speedstep disabled.

if you go over to xtremesystems, there are multiple people that were complaining how hot the B3's ran compared to the new G0's. most of the B3's cant get over a 3.6Ghz clock because they have to run a 1.55vcore to achieve it.

i ran over 8hours Orthos stable at 3.6ghz with only a 1.4000 vcore.

Wow good to hear. I know that my temps have gone down to 35C on idle though before I reseated it. And that was at 3.0GHz, now after reseating it, when I checked the BIOS, it was at 60C. I guess on the Zalman Thermal Compound I used, less is more indeed, more temperature and things to worry about that is.

you need to take it off and re-do it again

those temps are way to high for idle.

Interesting, you should get some of that cleaning fluid for your cpu and hsf. Its made by arctic i believe, is that the company? But its two bottles and it cleans off the old paste and purifies it before you put on your MX-2. I used it before I put in my watercooling.

OT* what voltage settings are you using on your 680i board?

im on 3.2 right now, and i only see 35* max at idle. thats with the speedstep disabled.

if you go over to xtremesystems, there are multiple people that were complaining how hot the B3's ran compared to the new G0's. most of the B3's cant get over a 3.6Ghz clock because they have to run a 1.55vcore to achieve it.

i ran over 8hours Orthos stable at 3.6ghz with only a 1.4000 vcore.

Well maybe I'm wrong then and Pinoy just has a faulty chip or an incorrectly installed HSF, sorry Pinoy. OT*? What does that mean, sorry I don't know all of the forum lingo. My vCore is at 1.112 right now according to CPU-Z, I'm at stock speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom