BIOS Temp says 39C at Idle? Too High?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try that, because overclocking while the temps are high, isn't really something you would look forward to. So stay stock, for a while, and see if things improve.

Ye, I went back to the BIOS and set the RAM timings and all that stuff to automatic, cuz for some reason CPU-Z and Everest couldnt read my RAM settings.

im running mine at 3.2Ghz right now in Prime.

my temps are 55,52,55,50. thats with a 1.3000 vcore.

so far its holding stable for over 4hours. temps should get better since i just put the MX-1 on last night.

im running mine at 3.2Ghz right now in Prime.

my temps are 55,52,55,50. thats with a 1.3000 vcore.

so far its holding stable for over 4hours. temps should get better since i just put the MX-1 on last night.

So are these load or idle temps?

Because thats basically my temps at stock speed and idle, not doing anything.

Grrr, gonna get an Arctic Cooling Thermalpaste for sure and reseat this bad boy.

I cant believe the temps went up before I reseated it.

Wow, grrr........ why are my temps soo high? Those are my temps at idle!

Grrr..... I wish I didnt reseat it, I think I applied too little thermalpaste. Oh well, I will have to reseat it anyway with a better thermal compound. something not so gooey. But something thicker, heck i dont know.

I was reading this thread, and figured, "I have to try this out." Check out my specs first. My processor is an AMD dual core 64 bit 4600+ and i have overclocked it 10% from each core being originally 2.4 GHz up to 2.6 GHz. I have a liquid cooling kit, and i upped the voltages slightly to keep up with the overclock. The voltage is 1.3500 V and the actual frequency is 2640.01 MHZ (220.00 X 12). Just idle, (and by idle I mean about 67 processes running including a TV tuning and recording program, video and voice convo over skype, firefox and other messenger programs, core 0 runs at 40-42 degrees, and core 1 runs from 37 to 39 degree. I used two instances of CPU burn in and ran them for 3 minutes, the top temp i got for each core was 49 degrees for core 0, and 44 degrees for core 1. On top of that, all my fans were on their lowest setting. not too shabby huh?

nice, well i just cant wait to move in to the dorms. I think i got all my stuff ready. Gonna fire up that Spherex 5.1 Surround Sound system :D

hey pinoy you ever think for a second that maybe you seated your HSF perfectly correct and applied the paste perfectly correct and did everything perfectly correct and your chips just ran hot because they just ran hot? Thats seriously what Im putting my money on....my chips run hot stock too....but my room is also pretty hot I guess.....just our luck :( but hey some people don't even have a q6600 or a GTX for that matter....be grateful, except me, I dont have to be grateful cause I worked for all my stuff so :p

hey pinoy you ever think for a second that maybe you seated your HSF perfectly correct and applied the paste perfectly correct and did everything perfectly correct and your chips just ran hot because they just ran hot? Thats seriously what Im putting my money on....my chips run hot stock too....but my room is also pretty hot I guess.....just our luck :( but hey some people don't even have a q6600 or a GTX for that matter....be grateful, except me, I dont have to be grateful cause I worked for all my stuff so :p

Ye but it shouldnt run this hot should it? Idle temps are very hot. Maybe my motherboard is reading the temps wrong? My mobo temp is like 38C and my cpu temps are 10~15*C hotter on idle compared to my mobo temps.

When I had the E6600, it used to be that the Core temps were lower than the CPU temps, but now they are like 10~15 degrees hotter than the cpu temp.

I just dont understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom