BIOS Temp says 39C at Idle? Too High?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C2Ds and C2Qs can take 1.4-1.45 easily. So 1.35 is good. Just depends on your temperatures, which seems pretty high, at the moment, in your situation. But they should drop a few, when the thermal paste fully cures.

Ye hopefully. Okay, I just set the Voltage at 1.325V on the BIOS, i think or maybe it was 1.3125 not so sure haha. Anyway lets see if Orthos will run with 4 cores.

Core temps in the 70 is definately bad. How hot is it in your room? Now that the temps have come down, its staying around 70F in my apt and my cores are all ranging between 31-39 while playing games. Ah i see you are overclocked. I'm back to running stock clock but undervolted to 1.175V :)

Okay, the room temperature right now is at 72C.

Just run 4 cores on orthos, it lasted 59 seconds before the 4th core stopped. Hm........ why is it the 4th core? Is it because it was the last one I clicked "start"?

Anyway, ye, that one stopped but at least it was longer than the first time.

Its not stable but when will I ever use all 4 cores at 100%? Cuz i know thats when it will crash is if I use all 4 cores at 100% but if i just use 3 cores at 100% its stable.

I will wait untill I see an improvement on my temp readings before I go any farther with the VCore. 63~64C for CPU at full load and 70~75C for the core temps are really high for me. Ill wait about a week or so before Ill increase the voltage higher than 1.3125 or 1.325 Volts, see if my temps go down a bit. If that doesnt happen, ill just Order a new thermalpaste at newegg's website.

I'm not sure how you have the fan plugged in on your tuniq, but if its plugged into the motherboard i would suggest plugging it into a 4 pin molex so that it runs at full speed. I know that made a huge difference for my TRUE rather than letting the motherboard set the speed.

you should keeps temps below 71*C

that is the recommeded limit by intel. anything after that and your subject to CPU throttling.

my fan speed on the tuniq is at 2150 which is 100% and as high as it can go.

Right now, im noticing a drop in temperature a little bit, by about 2C.

Core temps used to idle at 50C but now its around 46~48C, maybe it will go to the right temperature in a week when then thermalpaste settles down.

mine got to 80*C today. i left the room and didnt notice it till i came back 5mins later. i was trying a 3.8 @ 1.5Vcore

i ripped my tuniq off after that. i think i had too much paste on there.

That seems normal for a Q6600. Since you just installed it, give it about a week for the thermal paste to cure.

I disagree, I thought my idle temps were high at 40 celcius! his is like almost 10 celcius on average higher...

Okay, the room temperature right now is at 72C.

If those are your room temperatures then you should technically be dead, or in the process of dying. LOL I can't believe no one caught this mistake...of course we know he ment F....but just imagine a room thats 72 Celcius....your computer overheating would be the least of your worries...

BTW I would trust coretemp far more with a q6600 g0 as that what seems to be the most trusted temp source. Also 75 celcius is not good for your chips imho...

Is it too high after having the computer off for about 6 hours, I just turned it on and the temp shows 39C?

I tried reseating the stupid heatsink and it wont let me! I cant get the screws out, I think I screwed it in there too tight or something. I cant unscrew it, but I looked at it and it seems to be seated correctly, nothing in between the cpu and the heatsink. the barrels werent getting on the way, maybe it takes a few days for the heatsink to dry off and do its job properly? Or should it have read the temps right even if you just put it on together.

Right now heres my Everest temps:

BTW I just want to say when I reseated my tuniq tower I swear like 10 times I thought it was impossible. You gotta try really hard and mess up your fingers ( mine were BADLY messed up after the reseating, I was incredably angry and in pain ). Use pliers as a last resort to unscrew the screws...TT 120 golden screws are a pain to both screw and unscrew...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom