BIOS Temp says 39C at Idle? Too High?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Is it too high after having the computer off for about 6 hours, I just turned it on and the temp shows 39C?

I tried reseating the stupid heatsink and it wont let me! I cant get the screws out, I think I screwed it in there too tight or something. I cant unscrew it, but I looked at it and it seems to be seated correctly, nothing in between the cpu and the heatsink. the barrels werent getting on the way, maybe it takes a few days for the heatsink to dry off and do its job properly? Or should it have read the temps right even if you just put it on together.

Right now heres my Everest temps:

That seems normal for a Q6600. Since you just installed it, give it about a week for the thermal paste to cure.

That seems normal for a Q6600. Since you just installed it, give it about a week for the thermal paste to cure.

Thanks, I was kind of worried. So thermal paste does cure? Hehe :D Not really sure what that means but im taking it as "it will take effect" properly.

So....... on my E6600, both Speed Fan and Everest were reading exactly the same temps on the cores and the CPU, so I think those readings were like the T-Case readings, but now with the Q6600, SpeedFan is still reading the T-Case while Everest is reading the T-Junction temps, is that right?

You don't have to worry about those, as long as the load temperature stays below 60C...preferably.

You don't have to worry about those, as long as the load temperature stays below 60C...preferably.

Load temps for the CPU or each core? Ive seen load temps goes up to like 61C when I ran Orthos but when I ran all 4 Cores, I got an error on the 4th core, I think because I was multitasking and thats where my processes where processed.

So I ran it in all 3 cores for 2 hours and no errors, but temps went up to 61C back jumped down though, never went higher than 61C but the each cores temps goes as high as around 70C.

These are everest readings btw.

Use Core Temp. I use Everest as well, but to me, Core Temp is more accurate.

You should stress all 4 cores, for stability testing. Not just 3 cores. And if it got an error on one of the cores, that means, it's not stable. I've multitasked while stressing, and I haven't gotten an error. The reason being, that it's stable.

ok gonna do that now.

Edit: Ok i did that and I got an error on the fourth core, the last one I clicked "start" on orthos. i get an error like just 10 seconds after I start it. What could be wrong? Too low VCore? Its 1.3 in BIOS but this mobo kinda under rates it too. Cuz its 1.23 on Everest and 1.224 on CPU-Z. Should I increase the VCore? If so to what?

And wow: My CPU temp is at 63C and Core temps as high as 75C and I just started it three minutes ago Hm....

Yes...you need more voltage to the vcore. Just bump it up one notch.

Ok, ill do that. Is it ok if my um....... Core Temps are reading at 75C? CPU Temp is at 63C right now.

Core 1 and 2 is 75C and Core 3 is 70C and Core 4 is 66C, Core 4 is not full load btw, its off.

Ima go restart and bump up my VCore a bit to see if I can run all four without any errors. Ill do one notch if that doesnt work ill do 2 then 3.

Should I go over 1.35?

C2Ds and C2Qs can take 1.4-1.45 easily. So 1.35 is good. Just depends on your temperatures, which seems pretty high, at the moment, in your situation. But they should drop a few, when the thermal paste fully cures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom