BIOS, etc., Setting up my comp after the build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

triskit

In Runtime
I found two people who have set up computers before who might be helping me build mine if thats the route i go. THey have only set up the hardware for the most part, and not the software etc. One of them said that he wasnt sure if one has to "partition the hard drive" (like divide it up into c: / each users documents.. i dont know if that is the right terminology...) or if the OS will do that... It seems like it would...

Also, what should i do about the bios settings, will i have to change them or will they be alright after i install the os and all of the drivers... If i do have to set them, how do i go about doing so?

Last question, After seting up the comp and installing all of the software, do you guys usualy have like a "checklist" of things that you go over to make sure that everything is working (like burn a cd, play a movie, etc etc) something that i could do without buying any testing equipment? Or/ and should i take it into a local computer place (around here some of them are actually reasonable) and have them run any tests? I have heard a lot of people saying that sometimes a component of their computer isnt working at full capacity after they install it. How would i be sure that everything i install is properly working... is there a program that i should install to make it easy... or just something that i can find in the computer somewhere...

For the most part (except for tweaking) you shouldn't have to make any changes to the BIOS.

Windows will automatically run you through the formating process. You don't need to partition at all.

The motherboard checks through if the items are working properly. (POST) It will beep if there is a problem. It will not work if the Motherboard and/or Power supply are the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom