BIOS and confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseband Member
Ok I built my computer. Poorly, but still built.
Now when I put in my Windows disk it said "No hard drive detected XP setup can not proceed" or something to that effect. How can there be no hard drive detected? How do I fix that?
If I can fix that and setup my computer to run RAID 0 that would be most preferable.

Thanks guys.

Try using somehting other than RAID? I woudl think our HD can just be hooked up to a non raid Sata port at least to get it up and running.

Ok I built my computer. Poorly, but still built.
Now when I put in my Windows disk it said "No hard drive detected XP setup can not proceed" or something to that effect. How can there be no hard drive detected? How do I fix that?
If I can fix that and setup my computer to run RAID 0 that would be most preferable.

Thanks guys.
What motherboard.
What interface for HD?

IF EIDE Make sure jumpers are set correctly, try different ribbion cable, make sure molex is connected.

IF SATA try another cable, try another port, make sure Molex is connected.

For RAID You need two harddrives you then enable RAID in the CMOS Setup and then enter the RAID Option after POST, you choose the RAID you want then add the two drives to the array you then boot off os disc and Install RAID Drivers, at this point XP should see the array as one drive and then you format and install windows like normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom