Big WTF- Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I don't get what you mean by "at first." Until they build a videocard that doesn't bottleneck the processor (good luck with that) thats how it will ALWAYS be.

Yes, I know what happens outside the game, but we're talking about games right now.

I mean that you won't get many games that take advantage of dual cores until maybe a year at least.

"at first" meaning you will get more later, but just not for a while.

they hae video cards that are bottlenecked by the processor. even the FX-57. the 7800 GTX's and X1800's (256 and 512MB versions)

You DID NOT just say that the FX-57 bottlenecks the 7800GTX...

Yeeeaaa, I'm gonna have to go with Flanker on that, the FX-57 is like the epitomy of the perfect processor for gaming... lol

So with the X2, do you think that they would be able to combine the best of both worlds? like so:

1st core - 4000+
2nd core - FX-xx

Therefore, they have not only created a dual core that can kick butt at multitasking but can also be used to just obliviate a game.

Of course, a 4000+ and an FX-xx is going to run you a bunch of money, but hypothetically. I was talking about dual cores with a friend, who says his dual core will use 1 to run the *background* system processes, using the 2nd core completely for a game, or other stuff, which is a LOT better than just running 1 core with the same thing.

Then again, he could be full of it, you never know...

no matter how fast a processor is, it can be overloaded.
trust me, the FX-57 can actually bottleneck a 512MB 7800 GTX. if the polygon count was very high, there were heaps of physics to deal with, and if there was a lot going on in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom