big troubles - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2005, 11:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default big troubles

i just installed the intel d955xbk motherboard.for some reason whenever i hook both my dvd roms in, the reboot takes forever.if i just leave one hooked up it boots fine.i have switched 3 different cables so i ruled out a bad cable, i have switched around 3 differant roms and they all do the same exact thing.i have switched around master and slave in all differant combanations and made no differance.

when the pc boots with one drive it blasts through the press f2 to enter bios page.when i hook both drives up it kinda laggs there for about 6 or 8 seconds.then it just laggs through the rest of the boot process.

one thing it always does is go to a screen that says initializing and establishing link, then no matter what i have hooked up, it always says media test failure.i have unhooked the floppy and both roms and it still says it fails.

when both drives are hooked up, there is a 5a that is visible on the bottom right hand corner of my screen for about 15 to 20 seconds that does not stay there when i only hook up 1 rom.

and another thing i am not sure is normal is that it always asks me if i want to press ctrl s or f4 to enter raid configuration.i am currently running 2 raptor 10k hd's in a 0 array just for more info.

HELP PLEASE.Does intel have a 24 hour tech line?

I hope someone out there can help.Thank you

Old 12-14-2005, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

Thread locked.

Do not double (triple) post.

Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / EVGA GTX 760 2GB
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB / WD Red 3TB
G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3 1600 - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win7 Ult 64-bit - Func MS3 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Closed Thread