BFG Physx.. May 9th.. are you getting one!?!?

Should I make Windows the primary OS on my MacBook Pro?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the 'heck' did you just say? I had to read that like 5 times, and I still barely understand it. From what I gather...

"That much graphics power" might actually be an excuse, IF the graphics were any good. Go to the link that NosBoost asked for (top of the page) and compare Physics pics with no-Physics pics. All the 'Physics pics' have is a bunch of debris. The game itself looks great, but the PhysX effects are crap. And just that takes the FPS down 33%.

A $250 Game Decelerator? No thanks.

My point is that, IN GRAW, the PhysX card has performed miserably. Hopefully, the code is improved in future games to take advantage of what is offered here. If not, then get ready to have Quad-SLI to use a PhysX card with UTK7 and get smooth framerates.

ya.. i see ur point though.. i too hope things look much great for it in the future.. as of now, i'm not much impressed.. .sure its a nice feature, and i would love it.. but i don't think 1 7900 gt could handle all that..

Exactly, cards are struggling now w/ Oblivion and FEARs poopy Phisics so you try putting a weasly little 7900GT or something to do Cell Factor then see what happens. Seriously, GPUs wernt made for that kinda extreme phisics so im extremely impressed w/ what the PhysX card could do. It may not be much now but when 3D graphics first came out it didnt come out looking like Unreal3 either. Quit trying to make it seem like it should be an FX-60 when the Pentium1 is supposed to come out.

ya, it would take a load off the gpu, and thats exactly what i'm waiting for, we just gotta give it some time.. like dual cores.... just gotta wait for utilization, i'll probably be getting a physx card in the within the next 2-3 months, when i have my 2nd 7900 gt.. so hopefully things go well

And what the heck do you think I've been saying? All I've said is that I'm disappointed with the performance right now, and hope that it will improve. Unlike the Pentium 1; Ageia have had a LONG time to perfect this thing.

In GRAW, without PPU - 45FPS. With PPU - 33FPS. Thats hardly pushing the 7800GTX to it's limits, and its not Oblivion. The PPU only resulted in reduced performance, with crap debris flying around that I could've made in MS Paint.

HOPEFULLY, that will change. If UT2K7 doesn't get PhysX ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, like Kyle Bennett said, "Ageia may go the way of the Dodo."

i need to see the performance with sli, i would think sli would make a big difference with that... we will find out soon enough! (hopefully)

I saw someone mention earlier they are going to wait until Warhammer online comes out. Is that going to utilize a PPU?

I will probably get in in my yearly upgrade here in november/december, But I will not go out of my way to buy one If I do not have to, got some pretty chunky upgrades to do on my machine and I will not factor in a 300-400 physX card if it becomes ot much of a hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom