BFG 7900gt!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
It has been a long road...the first 7900GT was an XfX 7900GT and the best I could get on 3Dmark03 (13453) and 3Dmark05 (7580). I RAM'd the card to Tiger Direct and they Next day air shipped the BFG at their expense!! The XfX was the extreme version and was stock 520/1500. The BFG 475/1360. Now.....I installed Cool Bits and that card, without aritifacts and running at 52 C under load/ 44 idle clocked 550/1600!!! 3dMark03 = 17853 and 3DMark05 = 9140 runnig with 2 gigs of RAM and a Venice 3500+. A better CPU would kick up that socre a bit more! HIghly recommended 7900GT @ $324.95! I will be installing aonther card SLI next month. So 3Dmark five will be 11,000 +/-??? Yikes!!!!!!!!

Green Radience said:
That was an ignorant comment...

That was a naive comment.

If you've read posts on not just this forum but other forums as well, you'd know that (xFx) is always the card in question when someone is RMAing it or having problems.

So gaara was merely acting, "Unsuprised"

As far as 7900 series goes, i'm still waiting for eVGA to get their 7900GTX to newegg or ZZF. I think i'm going to go with the regular 7900GTX because i've read a few places that the superOC'd one has been causing lots of problems, artifacting, freezing and random restarts.

Also, the nvidia & PSU companies need to re-evaluate their PSU's for SLI. There aren't may people that are having luck with (2) 7900GTX in SLI with 500w-600w PSU's from reputiable companies.

From now on unless highend GPU's use less power, 850w - 1KW PSU's will start becoming the norm. for SLI - Crossfire systems.

just ordered that, yay,
but im very disgusted with tigerdirect.com, they still havent even aprroved my card after more than 24 hours(tuesday), newegg did it in 2 hours(on a friday), maybe because i was spending more money when i ordered with newegg, i dunno it can be alot of things, but its not very good for buisness

Dang, was hoping that I could get an XFX 7900GT since it's less money. If the performance difference between a BFG card and an XFX card, guess I'm going to get a eVGA card.

Thanks for the info too.

i know this is off topic but.
Does anyone know of any good sites that sell computer hardware and accessories, like newegg and tigerdirect?

And i think that xfx is not such a bad company, i just think that they could make there cards more appealin.

What isn't appealing about XFX? I know here, in NZ, their 7900GT is about $100 cheaper than a eVGA version, so I'd say that is quite appealing. The only thing that isn't is so many people having problems with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom