BFG 7800GT and e-GeForce 7800GT compatable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk84blind84

Baseband Member
Hey guys i had a very basic question: if i run a BFG 7800GT and a E-GForce 7800GT on an SLI mother board will they be compatable together?

ACTUALLY.......Trotter just posted the other day how Nvidia was making drivers that'll allow you to mix and match makers of cards and even allow cards with smaller memory to be able to be used together.

Don't know if that applies to this latest batch of drivers or not though so you'd have to find that out

so as of right now you cannot use two different brands of GPU's together with the SLI YET....but maybe later on when the drivers come around??

Also, what do you guys think bout the EVGA 7800GT and the BFG 7800GT? which would be better in your opinion?

thats interesting because everyone at my work keeps talking so highly about BFG and their OC'ed GPU's, and their life time warrenty.... IM SO CONFUSED?!?!?!

eVGA is deffniately the better brand man. BFGs OC is just like a crappy 20mhz OC on the core and thats it. And on that warranty im sure youll find its limited lifetime. Which means prolly until the card is outdated which wont take long.

evga has the same warrenty ;)

Like PP said though, BFG just boasts about their pre-OC'd cards...now granted, they will do better against a stock card because obviously it has a SLIGHT edge, but you might notice 1-3 FPS gain in an actual game.

My eVGA 6800GT is stock 350/1000 and I've OC'd it to 450/1200

the memory I believe maxes out at around 1210-1220 for me, and I haven't maxed out the GPU yet...I think it can hit around 455....my point is eVGA makes really good quality cards assuming you cool it adequately in terms of wanting to get those high clocks.

I believe they use japanese capacitors on their cards, which are basically number 1 in the world as far as capacitors are concerned. "Arent they all the same?" no they aren't...cheap ones will be prone to die easily and might not hold a stable voltage through em.

Quality parts = quality card = longer life and overclockability.

This isn't to say BFG is bad, by all means I haven't heard anything bad about them really, but me as well as quite a few other people can vouche for eVGA being quite good

thanks guys, that really helps out...the next thing to figure out is keep the 7800GT or sell it and get a GTX...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom