better video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea... i don't care though... i wont be buying the ddr3 for least 3-4years so im just getting the 8gb... even if it doesn't use it all, i still don't care. i just like knowing i have it.

i mean its only an extra like extra 150$ for it, so why not.

u know i didn't give the case much thought, i was just going to find a nice looking mid sized tower... i don't want anything all crazy with the dumb lights and stuff, no offense i just don't need it.

not need anything els lol... will normal windows opp. use the 8gb. i aint into slow *** comps thats for sure. so im just maxing it out.

Yes, 4 gb's for windows vista and 2 GB for xp is usually the recommended amount.

If you get 8gb's make sure you get vista for sure because xp will not recognize anything after 3.5 gb.

As for the case your probably looking at getting a lian li (think thats how you spell it) since they don't have any of those lights u just complained about and it also is a great case. The only short comings on it actually is the plain appearance of it.

You want to make sure your case will fit that video card and any cpu cooler u decide to get...

well... it cant hurt me can it?

what amount do u recommend? 4?

4gb Would be more than maxing out the RAM limit of WinXP which isn't bad, plus its enough when and if you move over to Vista(which from what I know is a piece of junk for a OS)

I would go with 4gb. As far as video cards go, you can go for either the 9800x2, incredibly overpriced best card on the market but its understandable, the Ultras were also stupidly overpriced and not very cost-effective when they first came out aswell.

I would wait for whatever GT200 card that nVidia is planning to release soonish. That card is supposedly going to be the 9900 line and be the most powerful.

does xp have dx10 support? i thought vista only had that? i was going with vista, but im down for xp since its what i already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom