better video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memory Standard DDR2 1200

.... i only run 1200 or can i run less expensive 1000?

im going dual 9600... found a good one by xfx that is pretty good and only lil over 400 for the pair.

for what im getting its pretty sick id say.

64bit vista, 8gb ram, sli 9600, quad core by intell, sweet case and ps. dvd/cd burner. 150gb HD, and lastly extreme gamer sound card.

am i missing anything? i feel like i am, last for key components?

I'm guessing that HD is a raptor with 10,000 RPM? I reccomend getting a second hard drive. Use the raptor for your games and OS and the other hard drive for data. What quad core are you getting? It seems like this whole setup shouldn't be much more than $1400-1500 so I'm curious what is costing so much to make this up to the $1900 range.

ok so i can switch out that ps unit..... i have a wishlist on egg till i order, i know i can post it is but i dont remember were to get the link.

I'm guessing that HD is a raptor with 10,000 RPM? I reccomend getting a second hard drive. Use the raptor for your games and OS and the other hard drive for data. What quad core are you getting? It seems like this whole setup shouldn't be much more than $1400-1500 so I'm curious what is costing so much to make this up to the $1900 range.

is there a link or someplace were i can read on how to do that, i dont rly understand the whole dual drive thing.

could i run 2 of the same HD's?

i compared a 8800 and a 9600... and im not so smart wen it comes to sli and what total output is...

but, the core and memory clocks are higher on a 8800 and has more streams compared to the 9600.... so 2 stronger cards would be better? or am i missing something?

like i said im not crazy for graphics... but id like to not have to update within the year.

my last computer is pretty crappy with a agp.. but its last 3 years and still can play most games today, so id like this to be able to do the same... and this is 100000x more powerful then what i have now haha

Im telling you, even with lower clocks, they did something new with the 9 series...see for yourself.

Here ya go....clobbering not a G92, but an Ultra.

16682.png

16680.png

16675.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom