better rendering computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlege

Baseband Member
alright guys heres what i have so far and future plans do you have any changes or suggestions for me to make it a better rendering computer. im new to computer overclocking so im not quite sure how to do that well. and the computer stays on for long amounts of time but is well circulated. any help will be appreciated.

Asus A8N-SLI
processor amd 64 3200+
512 mb ram ddr 400 PC3200
EVGA 6800 GS 256mb

future plans
2 gigs of corsair dual channel ram (couple weeks)
opteron 165-170 (around the summer)

That's a very balanced system. Good work! You did some homework. The only thing I would change is the motherboard, and that is simply personal opinion. I have nothing to back it up. :)

Ryan

if your intention is mainly on rendering then why not a video card that purposely for designs.

thanks i did do quite a bit of homework around 3-4 months along with talking to all my computer friends... asus was a recommendation of one of my friends. so live and learn.... although i have heard alot about MSI MB. they seem to be good

those are all great cards but they are a little out of my price range.... some reaching the thousands more then i paid to build the system no way....

but i do appreciate the help 003 i will proably up grade to one of those cards if i chose not to do SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom