Better case? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Default Re: Better case?

i like that silverstone.... but sticker price shock!!!! if u wanna spend like tops 60$ and use the extra cash on some other component on ur PC, get a Cooler Master Centurion 5, but if u wanna spend for elaborate cooling case, I would choose any Cooler Master Stacker case or the Antec 900

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 06-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Originally Posted by mnelson07 View Post
So now that I finally narrowed my motherboard down (thanks a lot), I'm trying to narrow my case down. I've got two cases at around the same price and I can't seem to pick one.

Lian Li V1000BPLUSII - LIAN LI PC-V1000BPLUSII W Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
This case looks very nice and everyone knows Lian Li has a great name in case manufacturing for quality and appearance. The inside is big, however, I'm reading it has problems with larger PSU's. Also, I'm hoping it's deep enough for the heatsink(s) I am planning to buy, either the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro or the Thermalright Ultra 120. Something I like a lot about the case is the side fan placement. The case has the motherboard placement inverted and the side fan sucks air in right to where the 8800GTX would be.

Cooler Master Starck CM-832 - COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
This case looks very nice as well, and Cooler Master also is a well known name with great quality. The inside of this case is huge! I've heard no problems with large PSU's and I've seen a video of someone who owns this case and the Thermalright Ultra 120. The only thing this case seems to have on the Lian Li is the cooling factor. Now this is good and bad because more fans means more noise (possibly), but it also means cooler hardware. Something else is functionality. I saw a video review and the case has so many features, a few that I love is the removable motherboard tray, the front swing door can be switched to either side, and the top panel has huge indentions on purpose for carrying the case more easily.

I currently own the P180B from Antec. It's a great case but I did run into the PSU placement problem. I had to remove the bottom fan in order to place my PSU in the case which barely gave any room even after that. This also made it hard to feed the wires up to the components to begin with, but I managed. Also, I had trouble connecting the ATX pin to the top of the motherboard I currently own since the PSU was all the way at the bottom of the case. I had to drive to the next city over (25 mins) to purchase a extender.

I don't know if this helps with your recommendations, but here is the PSU I have:
Silverstone Modular 750W - SILVERSTONE ST75F ATX12V / EPS12V 750W Power Supply 115 - 240V - Retail
I'm actually quite tempted to get a stacker myself.
The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a lot heavier than most cases. And that's something big to me, since I want a case I can easily take to LAN's.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie

I saw that one too but I ruled it out. I know I'm already spending a lot on a case but I think $230 was pushing it for me already, didn't want to jump up another $30 if I could help it. It is quite a nice case though.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to Jumping_Bean514

Originally Posted by mnelson07 View Post
I've seen that before too. I'm not a big fan of it. It's too gaudy and is visually unappealing.
Man... I feel like the only guy on this forum who loves this case. Its a fantastic case that sells out all the time people! I personally think its sexy, its most definitely a head turner. "what the **** its that thing? Its my huge computer fool".

Closed Thread