Better buy

Quick question- The Haswell 4770k, i took a look at it and it's still the best processor out/ even if a small leap forward for desktops. Two things though- it needs yet another CPU socket and it's missing out on Intels Iris Graphics. This Iris, is it the integrated graphics? Looks like this isn't something i need since i have GPUs.

Another thing i looked into was pros and cons of the 4770k and 770 i was wanting. The 770 really has no cons other then no back plate etc. The 4770k though, i found a few things about- its GPU clockspeed, overclocked speed (air) and (water) is less then the earlier models. Intels limited their Haswells from being overlocked. That just means their base performance has been increased if I'm right. Calcualtions per core or so. Just was something i looked into.

Haswell is only 10% overall improvement over IB, is the latest platform, and yes currently the best for gaming. If you don't currently have a motherboard, then yes it needs socket 1150/Z87. Mentioned that in the other thread. You don't need to worry about their crap IGP.

Overclocking on Haswell will be about the same actually. I suspect about 4.5-5GHz and that's really what a 3570k or 3770k caps at due to their TIM contact with the cores rather than solder. You already said you don't want to OC much so not really an issue, especially on their GPU. If you have a dedicated GPU then the IGP will just be disabled. So don't even worry about that stuff.

Certain 770s come with a backplate. The brand I recommend for GPUs (eVGA) typically give a backplate for their higher end models. Their 4GB 770 is the one I recommend due to future game demands, although it's currently out of stock.

Newegg.com - EVGA 04G-P4-3778-KR GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Back
Top Bottom