Better 4 Buck? ASUS P5E vs Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would steer clear of SLI. The future is not in multi-slot gpu solutions and currently it's more trouble and money than it's worth for most people. Dual GPU solutions are more for those interested in benchmarking and puter tweaking...etc.

I would steer clear of SLI. The future is not in multi-slot gpu solutions and currently it's more trouble and money than it's worth for most people. Dual GPU solutions are more for those interested in benchmarking and puter tweaking...etc.

Ok. I was hoping of playing Crysis on ok settings in the near future. Thought it was just plug and play, for the most part.

I know of the 9800GX2 but, I thought I read on another forum nVidia's having heat problems with it. And I know I'd need a better psu for that, and for sli.

SLI is not really plug and play, you need to mess with profiles and fuss with problem solving sometimes.

Currently the best performing Crysis card seems to be the 8800GTS 512mb and 3870x2.

IMO the 3870x2 is a better card as it has more raw power due to the 2 gpus on 1 PCB, but the 8800GTS is cheaper and even outperforms the 3870x2 in some cases.

but those are just for cards that don't work well with Dual Graphics Cards, so it craps in those games, and performs like a single card, but, hopefully ATi can come up with some good drivers, or just get the Radeon Omega Drivers

Well yeah, if you can afford it the 3870x2 is currently the fastest card out and will have enough power to run things well in the future.

I'm sure that games in the near future will be based primarily on the UT3 and Crytek engines...almost all DX10 gpus slaughter UT3 at all resolutions and I'm sure that the Crytek engine will be optimized and tweaked to run a little more smoothly.

The thing is, for every game out there, save crysis, a GTS 512 would be fine (provided you don't run a ridiculous res). Its just that Crysis is right out there as the only game that really strains the most recent cards- nothing can run it perfectly.

As such, it might be worth waiting for new cards/new games that really show how things are going to perform: I don't see a GTS 512 SLI rig lasting significantly longer than just a single GTS. Anything beyond that, it might be worth waiting for the proper 9 series

I say wait for the 9800 because the prices are hopefully going to drop. But then again, this is a thread about a motherboard.. not a graphics card.

And i have no advice, as I have had expierence with either, but I did just order Maximus Formula

Ok, I know I know the answers, but, just being safe. Do P35 mobo's support 45nm cpu's, and the 8800GT (G92) can go on a plain ol'e x16 right?

Cause on another forum, some guy said 45nm = x38/x48. Maybe he was just joking, never pm'd him back.

the 45 is supported. You might need a bios update depending on if you get an old board, but they run fine. And the GTS g92 only gets about a .05-1% increase in performance on a pci-2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom