Best way to update BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So far my stock computer is running all the games I play pretty well except SupCom. The overal performance with max everything is great, but I occasioanlly get crashes and strange lag or instant crashes when turning the overlays on ( this problem happens to others as well ). I updated everything in my system except my BIOS, and strangely enough SupCom tech support claims its good to update the BIOS. I Haven't updated the BIOS till now since I'm a little worried as a lot of people seem to say not to update it unless somethings wrong ( and I really doubt the problem could be the motherboard drivers but worth a try ).

I dont have a floppy drive, so any of that boot crap is out of the question. I wanted to use the DS3Rs update from the internet but Im worried norton or some protection program will stop and screw up the update. Anyone update their BIOS yet with the DS3R safely using this method?

Also is updating the BIOS considered "flashing it" ?

you download the .exe file onto a floppy. go into the bios and set the floppy as the first to boot. then restart and it will load up and tell you what to do from there.

i did mine 2 days ago. worked perfect for me.

Yeah, I used Winflash when I updated mine for dual core. I can vouch for it.

you download the .exe file onto a floppy. go into the bios and set the floppy as the first to boot. then restart and it will load up and tell you what to do from there.

i did mine 2 days ago. worked perfect for me.

guess you didn't notice the "Don't have a floppy drive" statement in my post...

i wouldn't rec. using that method. would rather update through boot device. but u no theres only one way to find out if its good or not.

I appreciate your guys input but after looking into that WinFlash thing, I realized its pretty much exactly what @BIOS is ( the windows environment BIOS flasher for gigabyte ds3r ). I would much rather use their official program then a 3rd party program, and I dont have a floppy, flash drive, or hard drive set with fat 32 to use the BIOS dos flasher they also provide ( called Q flash ). Wish me luck! Im updating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom