Best video card I can get for 200-250

Status
Not open for further replies.

jared17

In Runtime
Hey guys/gals.

I was curious to know what video card you all would suggest me getting. My budget is about 200-250, but keep in mind this is *Canadian* dollars. I was looking at the 7900 cards. I can possibly go to 300 after tax, but thats my maximum I think.

I'll probably mostly be using it to play games like BF 2142, Company of Heroes, those types of games, so I'm kind of hoping I can get one where I can play the games at maximum, with little to no lag:).

Any help is muchly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help:)

Jared

X1950Pro beats or equals the 7900GT and always beats the GS, but not the 7950GT. Its cheaper than all those expect the GS.

Unforunatly Tri, here the X1950 Pro is above 300 Canadian dollars. I'm looking to keep the price as much under 300 as I can:p

Yeah to be quite honest, it sucks, but I don't think it will ever change. ATi's just aren't in my budget, as much as I want one. I think I'll either be going with the 7900 GS or GT, have to decide which first. I read that they both have the same core clock speed and memory clock speed, but the prices and name are different.

I kind of have this feeling that the GT must have more pixel pipelines or something.

Indeed, the 7900GT has 24 pipelines to the GS's 20. However, the GS easily overclocks to 7900GT speeds, so that's hardly a problem. My vote would go for the 7900GS.

If you do decide to go with the 7900GT, then check the prices for the 7950GT as well, as they shouldn't be too different. Needless to say, the 7950GT is quite an improvement over the 7900GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom