Best Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathray393

Beta member
Hey, I am trying to slowly build a high performance computer, and right now I have a ati radeon 2600 xt which is kinda a low middle class card, and 3gb of ram. I think that my processor is really holding it back though, because it is only 2.0 GHZ, and only one core. I have found an upgrade kit for a 3.0 GHZ dual core one, made just for the computer I bought, and I think this is the right thing to do, but before I go and get it, I want some advice.
*btw* I am planning an buying another 2600 xt, and doing crossfire.

HD 2600XT is a weak card to Crossfire to be honest...

You mind showing this kit you have in mind.. because this Kit sounds like a Pentium D, which is utterly crap

The video card is weak for sure. It wont do you any good with any modern games. Even in crossfire it still wont be enough. The dual core would be a nice upgrade for you. Thats the only part of your pc were your going to gain any speed. Honestly its time to just invest in some of the newer technology. Getting a quad core, a more modern video card from this year. I might suggest a 4850 and like a q6600 quad core. Get a nice p45 motherboard and you got a really nice computer going. Top of the line, no. But it will work for any current game out and it should definatly last you for a few years. You could even crossfire the 4850 down the road when you need more gpu power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom