Best single card solution for $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Im really looking into boosting my graphics. Whats the best card im gonna find right around 300 dollars anywhere. Will there be price cuts soon on DX9 cards?

spartan1121 said:
Im really looking into boosting my graphics. Whats the best card im gonna find right around 300 dollars anywhere. Will there be price cuts soon on DX9 cards?

x1900 crossfire edition 309 dollars on newegg

I don't really intend to wait and get a DX10 card. I'll be fine with DX9 until games require DX10, and i really don't stay on the bleeding edge with PC games as it is. I just want something that will let me play games like battlefield 2 ect on high settings and good FPS.

i would go for the evga 7900gto and oc its some. That should last you a while. Its been a while since i have seen them still in stock though, but new egg hasn't taken them off yet. So maybe they are just taking a while to get back in stock.

isnt the GTO the same card as the GTX using the defective ram? From some reviews I have read it says that they started up the GTO model for a way to get rid of all the defective ram w/o just tossing it out to the recycling bin.

thats the first ive heard of the defective ram problems, and right now the only gtx still on new egg is the asus. But now that i am looking at some of the reviews, i see some of the recent reviews mention the bad memory. This could explain the long wait for the restock, maybe evga started to use bad memory chips.... hmmmmm*ponders* :p. i still suggest them for the price preformance, and mayber evga will start using better memory chips when they start shipping again. But if you can't wait, a 7900gt (evga if you want the step up program) will be a pretty good card too.

I can't remember how exaclty the step up program works. Can someone explain what exactly that does for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom