Best silent video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Im looking for a new video card, cause mine is incredibally loud. It makes me mad cause i try to download stuff overnight, and the thing keeps me up. It's louder than my desk fan. The lights on my computer don't bother me, but i can't sleep with the fan on my GPU. So, what about the best silent video card out there? IM thinkin about the 7950gt by xfx:
Newegg.com - XFX PVT71JYHE9 GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP ExTreme Edition Video Card - Retail
Is that the best silent card around? Im prolly gonna have a little trouble affording that card, but with dx10 beign required for new games in prolly like 2 years, i don't wanna stay too far behind the curve. I have a x850xt right now by the way.

Well, I looked through the 8xxx series on Newegg, and the only ones that do now have a fan are meant to be watercooled.

I think the 7950GT is going to be the best passive cooled card (or close to).

yeah i think i'll shoot for the 7950gt, that should last me for a while. Or, what info do we have on those lwer end DX10 cards? I would maybe look into one of those and put a zalmann on em or something. But i'd have to get vista, and then prolly a another psu and then i might as well get a new monitor and it would just lead to 16 year old bancrupcy, not a good plan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom