best quad core cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be noted, that while colder temperatures make your processors happy, they can also decrease its life span. If the temperature gets too low, it induces stress in the processor and other components which could cause it to die early or even crack.

it can crack? have you seen this/read about it? i'd be interested in a link.

This is true. If the processor is exposed to rapid changes in temperature, it can kill the processor.

temperature has a positive correlation with resistivity in semiconductors, so the lower the temperature, the lower the resistance and the "happier" the semiconductor is.

i think that is true...... lol i think it may confuse some ppl tho.....

Originally Posted by Cunjo View Post
It should be noted, that while colder temperatures make your processors happy, they can also decrease its life span. If the temperature gets too low, it induces stress in the processor and other components which could cause it to die early or even crack.

would this happen with me turning off my PC which goes in high temps and turning it off?

ok, rapid changes in temperature will kill a lot of things since the processor isnt a homogeneous object so the different chemicals will react differently to heat, but im very skeptical of a processor cracking or "stressing out" at constant low temps, mainly because it doesnt make sense physically. everyone should know that "cold" doesnt work they way its shown in movies, like when something is frozen in liquid N2 it can be instantly crushed with nothing but a fist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom