Best price/performance ratio SLI or Crossfire AMD motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
What board could I get that supports Phenom II's/Athlon II's, DDR2, SLI or Crossfire, and has 4 memory slots, and is a good overclocking platform?

I was thinking either an ASUS M4A78-E for Crossfire, or an ASUS M4N72-E for SLI. If I were to do Crossfire, it would most likely consist of 2 XFX 4850's. The SLI setup would consist of 2 XFX or eVGA GTS250's, and possibly use my 9800GT as a physx card? I don't know much about Physx, so I'm not sure if that would actually work or not...

Pretty much any SB750 board and some of the better SB700's.

I'd recommend the Biostar 790GX or the Gigabyte 790X, or finally, the Jetway JHA-06

I think I'd go with the 790X-UD4P, as I already have DDR2-1066 ordered, and I can get a discount for that one at a local PC shop. I can also get either of the ASUS boards at a discount too. Any other suggestions?

(Couldn't edit my last post, sorry for the "bump")

If no one else has any more suggestions, I'll probably be going with the UD4P board. I talked to the guys at the PC shop, and can get it and an XFX 4850 1GB card for $165 + tax. I didn't even know that they sold "good" graphics card. I usually see lower end cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom