best pre-built company

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the parts you posted, only thing I would change is the memory. I had problems with that brand in one of my builds. It was stated as being compatible but I ended up getting crucial or ocz to fix the problem. Other then that, looks great. I would recommend a different cooler for your video card tho. The stock ones honeslty suck. I am told by most that these cards can reach 100c and be ok but I just cant let mine get that hot. Spend another 60 bucks and get a aftermarket cooler for that card. Mine sits at 40c idle and 50c while gaming.

im running 2 of them, how exactly do you replace a fan on a video card?

im running 2 of them, how exactly do you replace a fan on a video card?

Its the same process as replacing the heatsink and fan for the cpu. You will actually replace the stock heatsink and fan from the card with better equipment. It will all just attatch the same way the stock one does. Really easy to do and there are hundreds, if not thousands of write ups on the web showing how.

Or in your case, you could just spend a couple hundred dollars more and water cool your system. I would do your 2 cards, and your cpu. Ive never done water cooling yet so I cant really help ya with that. I could only tell ya what ive learned from others but with no experience.

was also thinking water cooling...... but being in a "dorm room" type of deal makes me not want all that extra stuff and all.

4870X2 + 4870 1GB anyone? Crossfiring with a the 4870X2 and a single 4870 will show more of a performance increase. As apposed to 4870X2's in crossfire.

At least you save your self $300 there so you are able to put it towards better ram?

4870X2 + 4870 1GB anyone? Crossfiring with a the 4870X2 and a single 4870 will show more of a performance increase. As apposed to 4870X2's in crossfire.

At least you save your self $300 there so you are able to put it towards better ram?

my budget is kinda endless lol, i figured 4 gpu's would be good.... im going get better ram since everyone doesent like what i choose lol.

meh, id stick with 2 4870x2. But im also an ati fan.

i keep reading about poor drivers and games crashing and i just wont have time to deal with problems like that, i currently have a gtx280 and its flawless thus far. plus it runs everything high, thinking of 3 of them is just amazing lol, mostly bragging rights and i also want this computer to last least 3-4 years or so with only cpu and gpu upgrades if needed.

I currently have a 4870 and its flawless thus far. No problems at all man. Just a great product. You gotta remember, you hear a lot more bad on the internet vs good. Reason is because everyone with the good info is to busy playin and enjoying there stuff. Im sure either way you cant go wrong but ATI all the way :D

i did want to get the 4870 just because of the "4 gpu" but as said above its not that great vs have a x2 and reg card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom