Best possible system for sub 2400$?

The motherboard sits further away from the top so you can easily do push/pull fan setups on a top mounted 240 rad. Also, the rubber grommets make for neater cable management. Not very important to me, but the 650d also has one more 5.25 bay.

Is the 650d considerably bigger than the 300r? His computer desk isn't very big, it's about same size as mine ( considering the place in which the case will be put ), is it larger than the cougar volant? ( The case I currently have )? If so, by how much?
P.s : Also, if the second GPU is disabled by software, does it still receive power as if it was idling? And does software disabling the second card make the first card run at full x16 rather than the x8 it'll run at in SLI mode?

No it's not too much bigger. I don't see why size is all of a sudden an issue when you originally didn't care about the size of a full tower HAF. Just sayin.

1st, why would you want to spend 500+ on a GPU to disable it? If it's compatibility you're worried about you probably wont run into any issue with it. The card just wont be used.
2nd, if the card has SLI disabled it's still receiving power. It isn't disabled 100%, just when a game is being played it isn't receiving data.
3rd, no it wont run 16x. The card is physically using bandwidth still and the chipset detects it there dropping both slots to 8x. Neither card will have a problem running in 8x.

I don't see why size is all of a sudden an issue when you originally didn't care about the size of a full tower HAF. Just sayin.
I wasn't actually set on a full tower HAF, and I thought he'd need something like this to fit in SLI 680's.
1st, why would you want to spend 500+ on a GPU to disable it? If it's compatibility you're worried about you probably wont run into any issue with it. The card just wont be used.
Yea, a bit worried about compatibility and power consumption lol.

#1 Tell him to put it on his desk if it's an issue. Mine is sitting next to me.
#2 If those 2 are a remote possible issue then he should stick with one card. Especially on power consumption.

Back
Top Bottom