Best possible system for sub 2400$?

Sorry I know this is nooby xD, but that water cooler comes pre-filled with water, right? Do I need to refill it with water over time or no? Also, can it not get damaged and fry some stuff :S?

If he went for 2D Surround to stay in budget I would keep the 2 2GB eVGA's. If he went out of budget I would say grab 2 of the 4GB FTW cards. Stick with eVGA for their CS.

Yea, but I wouldn't get the MSI cards. Their twin fan design kicks hot air back into the case and some out the back. The eVGA cards push all that hot air out the back keeping your ambient inside the case cool.

The 650d is just a good cheaper case I chose. You can still go with that HAF if your friend wants it, but I couldn't include it because I just don't like them.

It is, but bigger isn't always better. They are made of steel and are real heavy. Having 4 HDDs and a full water loop in mine means it's a total pain to move around even if it is 5ft. Obligatory "do you lift bro", yes I do.
Anyways, the fans in these cases suck. Bad. They are claimed to have 100CFM or something ridiculous like that and it's completely false. I have impeccable cable management and the air inside my case still gets warm because the intake isn't enough. Due to the nature there isn't much I can replace it with either.
More applicable reason is if he going to fill the bays then there isn't a reason to have such a large case. The 650d is big as it is.

Oh, and the front is ugly :p

Ok, it turned out he needs a monitor, so I think we'll drop one of the 680's for a monitor? He's fine with a single 1080p monitor. Suggestions :D?

Back
Top Bottom