Best overclockable Dual Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they would have a 165 in stock by x-mas. The problem is im ordering exactly christmas day so if its there which i hope it is i will order everything from newegg except cpu. Sound ok and do you think they would still have it?

or ebay? I just looked and didnt see any 165. I mean why should i get a 165 instead of a 175. Like a opteron at 2.0ghz instead of 1.8. Idk guys your confusing me to look for a cpu thats hard to find when one very close is somewhat easy to get lol

003, your signature is much too large

You should be able to find Opterons of specific stepping numbers on ebay, which IMO would be your best chance if you are serious

I haven't seen any CCBWE week30s anywhere though

I still fail to see the difference if you do not plan to overclock at all. You can save yourself some cash by going X2.

oops sorry for the misplelling were i wrote video card when i meant to write cpu, i wrote it as i was walking put the door.
So, I am either going to buy the 165 or one of the more expensive ones from newegg today so i just want to clarify.

003 said:
If you mean would it outperform a $1000 CPU, then the answer is yes.

I mean if I was to overclock both the 165 and the 800-100$ cpu under the same loop which one would perform better.

btw, i am still a bit of a noob when it comes to computers so sorry if my questions are silly;)

The more expensive one would be a tad better because it would probably have an unlocked multiplier which can come in handy. Other than that they would be pretty much on par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom