Best INTEL processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. well thanks for the opinion. i've had two athlon machines and really wasn't that impressed (even though I know you all will probably think i'm nuts saying that). I'm sticking with Intel primarily because when i buy intel, i know what i'm buying. all through school it was intel that was emphasized. with them i at least know what i'm buying, but with Athlon, i have to have someone there telling me which is the best processor to get. i chose Xeon over P4 because even though it runs hot, i've got a strong water cooling system and plan to run a server in addition to the games. so far my research indicates for dedicated servers, Xeon out performs the other Intel processors.

SHAWN said:
I agree with just about everyone here. Pentium processors do not impress me at all. I am in the process of upgrading my setup and I am going back to AMD. Just waiting to see what happens in June :).

You want my opinion? Buy a socket 939 motherboard and an X2 AMD processor and overclock it as high as you can while still running stable. You will outperform Intel's equivalent by doing so and save money.
umm in case you haven't noticed, the intel pentium 955 extreme edition is out performing the fx60 by quite a margin, and the yohna based core duo's are wicked fast, outperforming most athlons, and at a lower clock speed to boot.

Thanx for the advice :) Guess we'll have to wait and see how everything works, but my question still really hasn't been answered yet. Does the Xeon out perform the Pentium 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom